I finally tried Clinique’s line of lipstick. Conclusion: I’m impressed. Below are the details. 2nd conclusion: shu uemura’s cleansing oils are no joke. First things first, the lipstick review. I tried four colours. From top to bottom:
- Cherry Pop
2. Punch Pop
3. Love Pop
4. Nude Pop
Now, I am into keeping things short so here it goes:
- Colour variation: Plenty. You can pick from 16 colour variations
- Lasting? Yes. Clinique states that it lasts up to 8 hours. I did not keep it on for so long, but with the bright Cherry Pop on, the shade did not transfer to my glass or my teeth. Yes, I would say it lasts.
- Texture: Dry-ish. Due to its shimmering look, I expected it to feel a bit more moisturizing, but the bright pink nuances have a matte finish. The other two colours, have a more metallic effect, and they were wetter.
- Look: Shimmer & Metallic.
- Smell. Yes, medicine-ish. It is fragrance free, but it does smell like the lipsticks you might have found in your grandma’s drawer. Clinique is known for trying to make products that do not spur allergies, and this might have been their solution. I am pretty sensitive to fragrances, as in I like to know how things smell. I would have prefered it to smell a bit like vanilla, or something on the more pleasant scale, but maybe that is just me.
- Price.Affordable. The price point seems reasonable. It does encourage me to think of buying about 3-4 shades to increase the colour variation in my collection.
As for the second conclusion. I am not Asian, but I love shu uemura’s product. Today, they didn’t disappoint again when I cleaned the display of colour on my arm in one swipe. Pleased, I am very pleased.
Please let me know if there are questions. You are welcome to share your opinion.